...

Help me! i'm languishing in all this supposed knowledge!

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Bullets over Broadway (1994)

How do i do justice to such a bizzarely well crafted movie?

I never was a huge Woody Allen fan and i still don't consider myself to be so, but this movie had me questioning my own tastes. So basically it stars John Cusack, Diane Weist (who won her 2nd Oscar for her role) Jennifer Tilly and Chazz Palminteri.

John Cusack writes a a play, but the only way to get it produced is for a mobster to produce it for him, but there is a catch- the mobsters girlfriend has to be in it, and well, she can't act.

I don't have a lot of time to talk about this movie as i have to go somewhere with a friend but i will say: it is funny, well acted, witty, bizzare and dramatic. It is both a great satire on the theater in the 1920s and a great portrayal of it. It comes with my recommendation.

"Love is deep, sex only has to go a few inches" Ellen (Mary Louise-Parker), Bullets over Broadway

No comments:

Post a Comment